Monday, October 11, 2010

Kick him in the Shins!

I may or may not be experiencing a funk. In order to counteract this I set a goal last week to exercise every day, instead of the normal one or two days during the week. At 6:30 AM the alarm sounded and my head instantly reminded me how late I'd stayed up. Like a snake in the grass, the thought crept in "well...maybe I could skip exercising just for today...." Fractions of a second later my alarm was reset for some distant time and I was playing cards with Mr. Sandman. (Repeat tuesday - friday) Epic Fail.

After a particularly inspiring weekend I decided to make this goal a reality, whatever the cost. I should've known it would be a fight.

I left a party sunday night before it even started so I'd be in bed by 10:30. I get home and realize my bed sheets are still soaking wet in the washer. Crap. Put them in the drier and get ready for bed in the meantime. I'm not going down that easy. Finally I get to bed at 11:45, bracing myself for the pain I'm going to feel at 6:30.

6:30 - alarm sounds, pain registers, fight through it and begin grabbing my stuff for swimming.
6:35 - goggles are nowhere to be found. I'll have to find my roommate at the library and get them from him. Pool closes at 7:30, I can still make it (pace quickens).
6:40 - Can't find car keys anywhere. Oh wait, there they are...locked inside my car. Slowly sigh and lower my head.

This is the point where my friend told me she kicks satan in the shins and moves on. So, I do.

6:45 - Put on my jogging shoes and go running instead.
7:20 - Arrive home feeling like a million bucks.

Victory!!! However, when I arrived home I got completely ready for the day then fell dead-asleep. So, maybe I missed class...but that'll be my goal for next week.

4 comments:

  1. lol! I like your goals Louis... baby steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. You just made me feel better. Different goals, typically similar results. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I just haven't been kicking in the right place. I will continue the battle!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! This is totally helpful to me. Thanks for inspiring me to kick back those dang demons!

    ReplyDelete