I love music. I love it alot. I hear some songs and I stop whatever I'm doing and listen because they're awesome. I wanted to share a few of my current favorites and some that will never get old.
New Additions:
Heartbeats - John Gonzalez
Skinny Love - Bon Iver
Blood Bank - Bon Iver
Sitting on the Dock of the Bay - Sara Bareilles
Hallelujah - MaMuse
Farewell - Rosie Thomas
Sugarcane - Missy Higgins
Crossfire - Brandon Flowers
Us - Regina Spektor
Eveningland - Hem
Doubting Thomas - Nickel Creek
I Was Made for Sunny Days - The Weepies
Lost - Coldplay and Jay Z
Never Get Old:
Breakable - Ingrid Michaelson
World Spins Madly On - The Weepies
I hope you all appreciate these as much as I do. If not, well...you're dead to me (in a very real, very legally binding sense).
Um, I have only ever heard of one of these artists, and not any of these songs. I must be completely lost in some place called young motherland with six kiddos in tow. Thanks for sending me the good stuff, so I can check it out on my downtime ;)
ReplyDeleteI saw Rosie Thomas in concert a couple weeks ago when she opened for Iron & Wine on the U of Iowa campus. Have you heard her speaking voice? TOTALLY different than her singing voice. Shockingly so. Also, just saw The Weepies last week and this guy Matt the Electrician opened for them: you should check out his stuff. He's pretty great.
ReplyDeleteLouis! We have the same muzaklife! Most of the songs in this post are on my personal list of faves, new and old alike. Props. I would highly recommend doing some more exploring with Hem. I also love Half Acre, Pacific Street, Sailor, and Leaving Me Here. They are the fabulous.
ReplyDelete