I made a new years resolution that I'm only allowed to dislike (alot) one person per year. Don't worry, I've already got 2010 covered. Let me tell you about this year's prestigious winner:
1) I used to see him about every day and he would ignore me every day (the occasional nod in my direction was the exception). The only time he would actually see me was when he came to hometeach me. And yes, he was my hometeacher. Needless to say, his visits on the last night of the month weren't exactly life changing. Don't worry, my self esteem remains .
2) He wasn't the clear winner for 2010 until an occurrence that took place about two weeks ago. He'd moved out of our ward by this time and I hadn't seen him for a while - maybe I forgot how much of a tool he was. I was walking through the bookstore and having a particularly nice day when I saw him walking towards me. He turned and looked me in the face and I smiled and said hi. He said nothing and turned away. Note: I say hello to people because it's nice, not because I think they're awesome.
3) I was sitting down by a friend (who is a girl) and talking with her at a ward function. He left the group of girls he was talking to and sat down beside this girl, ignored me completely and began a conversation with her that demanded her undivided attention because of continuous questions. I made my exit.
So, without further ado, the 2010 "Waste of Skin" Award goes to the most worthless hometeacher of all time.
Oh my goodness...what a lame face!
ReplyDeleteWow, nice guy! There are lessons to be learned even from these kind of people!
ReplyDeleteI must know. I simply must know.
ReplyDeleteWow! At least it provided you with this amusing story to share and a lesson on how to not be a worthless hometeacher :)
ReplyDelete