Ol' Man Winter seems to be doing what he does best - trying to ruin my life. In order to preserve his menacing hold on my love for the outdoors, he has now engaged in a tango with spring. In this delicate, and somewhat risqué tango it is almost impossible to distinguish winter from spring. Example: I go to school in the sun and I walk home with sleet and slush falling from the sky - on me. I'm angry.As I walk home in the slush and sleet, my mind naturally drifts to creative ways of combining the words winter and spring. Spr-inter? No, that makes me think about the Olympics, which are good. Win-ing? Winning? It's ironic. I'm walking home from school in march while being bombarded with sleet and slush. It's ironic because nobody wins.
Take-home message: spring better get it together and find a new dance partner or she's going to get caught in the crossfire when I have ol' man winter offed. Also, dancing that close is probably against the honor code.
love.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to tango with the weather.
ReplyDeleteYou are one bundle of funny.
ReplyDeleteI have to agree, the little jaunts into the recesses of your mind are quite humorous, please lets continue the journey.
ReplyDeleteLouis, you make me laugh out loud. In a real way, not in an LOL way. You were able to extend the tango metaphor all the way through your post which is super impressive because A) I LOVE metaphors and B) the tango is classy.
ReplyDelete