Saturday, March 27, 2010

Desperate times...

Sometimes there are those weeks where it feels a little like everything is caving in on top of you. I had one of those weeks. It all started when I went to look at my research plants and they had all turned rust red. FYI, green plants should never turn rust red over a weekend. Then I got some really crappy news that almost made me give up on medical school. *Cue the avalanche of little and big things alike*

One day I was talking with classmates about PhD applications and I suddenly wanted to climb atop my desk and yell, jumping up and down, "I don't want to be a PhD!" I didn't do it, but the fact that I thought about it should tell you what type of week it was. Joking aside, I was just about to give up.

Amidst it all I felt the impression that it wasn't as bad as I thought. One by one the things that felt like they were going to crush me were slowly lifted off or made lighter. Sitting there at the end of the week I remembered how much I love life and love challenges. They make me try harder and be something more.

Every once in a while you have those dark moments where you are tested and tried a little, but if you hold on tight and do everything within your power to learn from it, the sunrise will be worth every moment of it. So I had a rough week, but I needed it.

The Church really is true and the sun always rises.

No comments:

Post a Comment