Friday, April 16, 2010

Nightstands and Sundays

"It is both relaxing and invigorating to occasionally set aside the worries of life, seek the company of a friendly book...from the reading of 'good books' there comes a richness of life that can be obtained in no other way." -President Gordon B. Hinckley-

I love reading, and I'm not talking about textbooks. Textbooks and homework can be interesting sometimes, but microbiology isn't what I would refer to as a "page-turner". So, in order to read more, I set a goal and formed a plan. This time, it has worked.

  • The Goal: read more of the books piling up on the lengthy list entitled "someday". Read them now.
  • The Plan: rent a book from the library, buy one from the store or borrow it from a friend so there's always a book on my nightstand. This friendly book gets read on sundays and, when I have time, before bed.
The last few books I've read: Three Cups of Tea, Man's Search for Meaning, The Screwtape Letters, Mormon Scientist. In order to keep a book on my shelf, today I invested in "The Complete C. S. Lewis Signature Classics"! I'm pretty excited.
So, Mere Christianity...

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Mere Christianity is one of my favorite books ever. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! I think that I will temporarily shelve this idea for myself and hopefully return to it real soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great books so little time! I for myself can't read during my school terms. I can never set a book down unfinished for a week so the only solution is to only read when I have the hours required to finish. I can hardly wait to read Fablehaven #5 right now, and yes I am not ashamed to admit to reading tween fiction. I like to keep ahead of my kids.

    ReplyDelete