Thursday, October 8, 2009

I have questions

Question #1: Is it allowed for somebody who has never even been to California to join a group called "Californians against Utah weather"? I really hope the answer is yes and I have reasons. First, I spent all summer in Chile which was in winter season the entire time. So, I'm sick of winter. Second, the other day it was warm and cozy to the point where the huge guy that is my roommate left the air conditioning on all night. When I woke up the next morning it was suddenly freezing and they were forecasting possible snow. What?! I don't know about the rest of you, but if the weather has to change I'd prefer that it be gradual.

I guess I wouldn't be offended if the group denied me entrance, but I want people to know I agree with their ideals.

Question #2: What is the best "getting to know you" question you have ever heard? I will leave the definition of "best" up to the reader. And by getting to know you questions I mean the crazy questions people always ask you on those first dates, or when you are forced to sit for a while with a chatty person.

I was volunteering at parent teacher conferences today as a translator and there was just such a chatty person who was asking me the sort of questions that are just a little too personal for our 45 minute acquaintance. Then I overheard two girls talking and one of them definitely asked the other what her favorite animal was. I laughed out loud as I instantly imagined somebody asking their date that. Now, please fast-forward to my blind date tonight...

I was talking to my friend at one end of the table when Sally (name changed) emphatically states to her date Jim (name changed), "Oh! the giraffe is by far my favorite animal; they are my passion!" She then named off all of the things that she owned that were associated with giraffes (it was a long-ish list). By the end I was obviously crying with laughter.

The End

3 comments:

  1. Here's an impressive question (paraphrased) that I learned from Rachel Hansen Bricker: "If you were a termite, would you rather eat an antique grandfather clock or a full-rigged ship?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full-rigged ship. Also my favorite animal is the elephant because they never forget. Also their ear prints are as individual as fingerprints. I want to know who figured that one out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. where do people come up with this crap? I would guess they have more time on their hands than i do!

    ReplyDelete