Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Great Friends, Great Thoughts

I like having great friends. I like being surrounded by people that lift me up and make me better. I would venture to say that is one of the reasons I love BYU so much; it is just easier to find great people like that when you are at a great place like this.

On one such occasion with just such friends we were some pretty great thoughts. One friend asked us "What are we going to do to return to virtue/invite others to return to virtue this week?" She was basing her question on the talk by Sister Elaine Dalton. The entire talk "Return to Virtue" is a powerful invitation to return to virtue and lead the world in doing the same. It is beautiful. My friend's invitation was beautiful because she was inviting me to return to virtue with love and meekness and as my friend. Then we all took turns giving ideas of how we could do that this week.

In short, I am striving to be the type of person that lifts others and invites people through example and words to be something better. I would like to thank my friends. If you are my friend it is because I enjoy being around you and your presence in some way lifts me and encourages me. If you are my family, on the other hand, it is because Heavenly Father knows that, in the long run, your presence will make me better (patience, humility etc.). If you fall into either group, thanks for being there to help me.

So, what are we (you+me) going to do this week to lead the world in a return to virtue?

No comments:

Post a Comment