Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Me and Julie Andrews

In honor of having spent a few solid days in Chile so far I felt it appropriate to make a list...Julie Andrews style!

A Few of my Favorite Things:

1) Food - I love Chilean food. The end.

2) People - People are very straight forward and less tightly wound here. It is nice.

3) Talking to Converts - I got to call some of my favorite people on earth last night and talk to them for the first time in almost three years. It was so nice to sit there and talk to them as I remember all the wonderful moments I had with them. Soon I will see them and it is going to be phenomenal.

4) The beautiful sky - There are fewer pollutants in the air and a lot more visible stars. I am in the coutryside where there aren't a ton of lights so I can go outside at night and look up at the stars and just think cool thoughts.

5) Lab Coats - Yup, I have a lab coat with my own name embroidered on it and I LOVE IT! I am mentioning this so you guys will be prepared for my come-back the next time you beat me at frisbee or cards or something "Well, I have my own lab coat..."

That is about it for now. Also, I went to church on sunday and I was a little shocked when the priesthood teacher said "wur ahr yu frum?" (where are you from?) in horrible english to me. I just laughed on the inside because I speak dutch better than he speaks english (I don't speak dutch). I made a special point of making lots of comments in his class. I think I surprised them : )

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha this post made me laugh more than once. I love the Dutch reference. And I'll be ready for the lab coat comeback. Who can beat that? Name embroidered and everything. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Louis, I hope you soak up every moment responsibly and enjoy it all to the fullest, because this is not an opportunity that most ever have.

    ReplyDelete