Friday, May 8, 2009

The blog.

So, as many of you already know, I will be escaping to Chile for the summer to do plant genetics research. If you have already fallen asleep at my description, I am ashamed of you. If you are still awake, don't fret, that's all the detail I will go into. I will be leaving on May 11 to go back to the country I served my mission in and I won't be coming back until August 18. Excitement Level: 10/10.

People tend to look at me like I am a super genious when I tell them I am going to Chile to do plant genetics research. I laugh because I happen to be pretty normal, I just got lucky this time and convinced them otherwise.

Unfortunately, I can't sneak anybody into Chile via my luggage because it's expensive, lack of oxygen, customs, and airport personnel are not as careful with luggage as we hope. However, this blog has been designed to keep everybody "posted" (I kill myself) on how things are going. Maybe I am exaggerating how many people are interested, but ignorance can be bliss sometimes.

I'll see you guys when I get back.

6 comments:

  1. Hey smarty pants-yay I am the first to comment!!! Hope you have an awesome time in Chile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I didn't fall asleep. I would love to be smuggled in your luggage though. Unless what you are working on is secret, I would sure love to know what you are up to. Of course, you already know that.
    Go down there and learn all you can and soak up the experience.
    Love you tons.
    your big sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so punny. Stop... but don't stop. I still don't see a problem with the luggage-sneaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que bien que volveras al pais de su mision. Te felicito! Espero que sigues con el blog durante el verano. Ten cuidado, no tendras las mismas guardias como en la mision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe, you spanish speaking freaks!! (only because you aren't native speakers of course) Louis you are a crack up!! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. do keep us "posted". we all need the laughs. and Paul is right. Ten cuidado!

    ReplyDelete