The phrase "Don't Mess With Texas!" was coined in the 1980's as part of a project to reduce highway litter. It has nothing to do with the Alamo, Sam Houston, or anything else that's remotely cool. It was to stop Texans from throwing their beer cans out the window.
Since we're on the topic, Texas is not the best state in the union. Not even close. Let me name some reasons it falls short:
1) Bigger isn't always better. Ex: Fezik was defeated by The Dread Pirate Roberts.
2) Football is a hobby, not the substance of life.
3) Your flag looks almost identical to a country. Chile had the flag first. Be creative.
4) Texas is neither the biggest (AK), the most populous (CA), or even the prettiest (debatable).
5) Your highest point is a place you can take senior citizens on a day hike.
6) You didn't invent barbeque, contrary to popular Texas opinion.
Having said that, I wish Texas the very best in their quest to reduce highway litter.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! Senior citizen day hike. HA! You are a delight Lou!
ReplyDeleteOh how I love Louis. But the state of Texas doesn't love you so much anymore.
ReplyDeleteI hail from Texas. I'm deciding if I should be offended.....
ReplyDeleteI LOVE YOU LOU! Haha, being that I am from AK and I live in TX I appreciated all the great fun facts. Texas does have its beauty though...But I'd hike in AK any day over hiking in this place.
ReplyDelete