
Today I was at my job (Financial Secretary in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department) minding my own business when a call came through. The name on the caller ID was Romney, so my co-worker joked about me having a great conversation with Mitt. She might want to look into becoming a fortune teller. I laughed and said something witty in return, never suspecting it was actually Mitt Romney.
Still smiling, I picked up the phone. Sometimes I am really funny. Sadly, today was one of those days where my funny bone was going crazy.
*ring, ring*
Louis: Electrical and Computer Engineering, this is Louis.
Mitt Romney: Hi, I'm looking for David Anthony.
Louis: *Said with a smile and generous helping of sass* Yeah, we're fresh out of those.
Mitt Romney: Excuse me?
Louis: Yeah, David Anthony - you've stumped me on that one.
Mitt Romney: I think he works in the Dean's Office...
Louis: Well, I've never heard of him, but let me check...Oh, mmmmkay. Yeah, he's the Assistant Dean of the College.
Mitt Romney: Yes, that would be him.
Louis: *realizing this is THE Mitt Romney* ...let me transfer you.
I felt like the kid who gets caught every single time he even thinks about doing something wrong. After 3 years of answering phone calls dutifully and never making fun of anybody or hanging up on stupid/angry people, I get Mitt Romney on the phone and act like a complete tool. A part of me is disgusted by this trend...the other part of me is excited to find out who I'll get to talk to next if I keep it up.
:)
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!! I might stop laughing sometime this week!!! I just wonder what he might have said to David Anthony??
ReplyDelete