I tend to be on campus a lot. Sometimes "a lot" means until 3:00 am. Sometimes it means I spend 6-8 uninterrupted hours in the library. I don't think I am crazy and I think that a lot of students do that on occasion. So, I do things to avoid going crazy.
I have two favorite ways of taking breaks in the library:
1) I use my ID card to check out a pair of headphones and every time I feel my brain beginning to wither I pull them out and listen to some of my favorite tunes. Today that has meant the soundtrack from the new Pride and Prejudice. Say what you will about the movie, but I love that music.
2) I use the aforementioned headphones during the aforementioned periods of brain withering to watch mormon messages on Youtube. If you have not gone to the mormon messages page I suggest that you do so now. One of my favorites is the one about a story President Hinckley's dad used to tell. They are uplifting. They are inspired. They are our resource.
If I happen to be in my laboratory on one of those late or long night I consult my dear friend pandora for needed sanity. If there is nobody else there that means I can turn it up as loud as I want. I might even dance on occasion while waiting for my stuff to finish. Good thing there are no cameras to document that one.
Whatever the case, I find that there are ways to keep my sanity well in hand. Though, I guess that depends on whether you think I'm sane in the first place.
You think there aren't cameras...
ReplyDelete