Friday, January 15, 2010

Julie Andrews?

Dear readers,

I have had some fantastic experiences in my new ward. As everybody loves to laugh, I feel that sharing is caring. And yes, the following really did happen.

I was sitting at break the fast with my roommate/wingman Ben Bukey eating my sandwich when this scene unfolded before me. A random guy sitting on the other side of the table from us introduced himself and asked us our names. Hezekiah (name has been changed), seemed like a normal guy except for the mustache (lip sweater) that he was sporting. I can forgive him for the mustache. However...

As soon as he had introduced himself he fielded us a question that made it quite clear why he is not married (I would even venture to say why he never gets second dates). He asked "If you could fight any musician in the history of the world, who would it be?" I gave him the only real answer to that question - "Julie Andrews. Yeah, she's had it coming for a long time."

I thought that was hilarious, but that isn't really who I would fight. He thought I was mocking him for obvious reasons.

My real answer would probably be Toby Keith or Yoko Ono. Your thoughts on the matter?

*Disclaimer: I don't think fighting musicians is a wise use of time.

1 comment:

  1. I am reminded of a Muppet Show sketch where someone was crossing swords with a violinist. (The details escape me, but I seem to recall the line, "Back, you little crustacean!")

    ReplyDelete