It was saturday night and I was dressed to the nines. I was heading to the ward party with my friend to learn the chilean national dance. Learning how to dance the cueca had been on my list of things to do for some time now, so I felt like fate was smiling in my general direction. The activity started out by learning the basic steps to the dance. Once we felt comfortable with the basics we were encouraged to choose a partner for some more complex stuff. I felt comfortable so I began the selection process. I had been eyeing a foxy 70 year-old in the corner with silver hair and a killer smile. Now it was my chance. I sauntered on over and gently suggested that we "cut a rug". She smiled demurely and accepted.
She knew her way around the dance floor, but I pride myself on being a fast learner. The dance required partners to be about 2 feet apart at all times, but I felt like it was just her and I on the floor (it really was just us on the dance floor at that point). I managed to keep up with her and her demure smile throughout, and I am now a semi-spectacular cueca dancer. It was pretty excellent. As to the silver-haired dame, I realized in the end that it would probably never work due to...cultural differences. I expressed my interest in being friends and we said goodbye.
I am pretty sure she still thinks about me.
Hahahaha... well, at the least, it seems like you have not stopped thinking about her. This post reminds me of one of my favorite posts of mine (yes I am alluding to my own blog... is that vain?) titled "My Latin Lover." Que chevre.
ReplyDeletePhenomenal post. You're such a ladies man. And dang hilarious.
ReplyDelete